Monsoon season in India is a beautiful time of the year, with lush greenery and cool temperatures. In this article, we’ll take you through some of the best places to visit in monsoon for couples.
It’s also an ideal time for couples to explore some of India’s breathtaking destinations. There are many romantic escapes, from hiking through foggy mountains to driving along gorgeous highways.
Stunning hill stations like Munnar and Coorg and attractive towns like Udaipur and Jaipur provide a romantic getaway in nature.
Places To Visit In Monsoon For Couples
1. Coorg, Karnataka
Coorg is one of the most beautiful places to visit in India during the monsoon. It is also one of Karnataka and India’s most beautiful hill towns.
It has beautiful scenery and many coffee farms. When it rains, the Abbey and Jog waterfalls flow entirely, making a beautiful scene.
Also, if you like outdoor sports, walk to Tadiandamol’s highest hill, known for its beautiful views. Bylekuppe, Madikeri Fort, and other places are as lovely as Bylekuppe.
You might catch a glimpse of a rainbow if you’re lucky.
- Famous for – Hill Stations, Waterfalls, and Coffee Plantation
- Major Tourist Attractions – Raja’s Seat, Abbey Falls, Kaveri River, Madikeri Fort, Golden Temple, Nagarhole national park
- Temperature – Minimum 23°C and Maximum 26°C Maximum
- Nearest Airport – Mysore Airport
- Railway Station- Mysore Junction railway station
2. Shillong, Meghalaya – Places To Visit In Monsoon For Couples
Shillong is in the state of Meghalaya. It is known as one of the best places to visit in India during the rainy season.
It is a place full of clouds. The hill town is known for its beauty.
But it looks even better when it rains. If you are okay with getting wet, this is a great place.
People come to see the misty clouds, the lush greenery, and the loud waterfalls. You must go to Elephant Falls and Spread Eagle Falls during the wet season.
Both of these streams are beautiful because they are fed by rain. Food, especially local specialties, and cheap drinks, is a big part of what makes a vacation fun.
- Major Tourist Attractions – Mawlynnong, Umiam Lake, Elephant Falls, Shillong Peak, Don Bosco Museum, Mawsynram.
- Temperature – Minimum 12°C and Maximum 13°C
- Nearest Airport- Shillong Airport
- Railway Station- Guwahati Railway Station
3. Munnar, Kerala
Munnar is a natural paradise in the state of Kerala. This hill town is one of the best places to go in India during monsoon.
The rains delight the Western Ghats mountains, a tea-growing region with emerald-green fields. The hills are covered in mist, and only certain seasons provide lovely streams.
The most excellent aspect of a summer trip in Munnar is the low crowds and good deals. You may climb, go through tea farms, appreciate nature, and taste delicious Keralan cuisine.
Your trip to Munnar during the rainy season will be unforgettable.
- Famous for – Hill Stations, Tea Gardens, and Treehouse stay
- Major Tourist Attractions – Echo Point, Attukad Waterfalls, Tea Museum, Tea Gardens, Eravikulam National Park, Wonder Valley Adventure and Amusement Park, and Kundala Lake
- Temperature – Minimum 23°C and Maximum 29°C
- Nearest Airport – Cochin International Airport
- Railway Station– Cochin Railway Station
4. Valley of Flowers, Uttarakhand
One of the most beautiful places on earth is the Valley of Flowers in Uttarakhand. The best time to go is during the monsoon when the mountains are covered in flowers of every color.
Where else can you see more than 400 beautiful flowers in full bloom? This valley is in a national park; the only way to get there is by taking a beautiful, easy hike.
The Valley of Flowers is a great place to go for a great hiking trip. It’s a great place to go on a rainy holiday.
You can enjoy the grace of the mountains and see flowers of all different colors.
- Famous for – Natural Beauty, Hill Stations, and Trekking
- Temperature – Minimum 13°C and Maximum 20°C
- Nearest Airport – Jolly Grant Airport, Dehradun
- Railway Station– Dehradun Railway station
5. Udaipur, Rajasthan – Places To Visit In Monsoon For Couples
The next best place to visit in India during the monsoon is Udaipur in Rajasthan. It gets one of the country’s most minor amounts of rain, just enough to make the weather pleasant.
The city is nestled in the Aravalis, with lakes all around it. One of the “most romantic places in India,” just think how romantic it could be when it rains.
Udaipur is also one of the best places in India to get married. You can visit the famous Monsoon Palace and Sajjan Garh, which have a great city view.
Visit the beautiful Lake Pichola and take a boat ride. See the famous sights and enjoy the royal welcome.
- Famous for – Lakes, Palaces, Temples, and Shopping.
- Major Tourist Attractions – Lake Pichola, City Palace, Fateh Sagar Lake, Sajjangarh Monsoon Palace, Bagore Ki Haveli Museum, and Sajjangarh Wildlife Sanctuary.
- Temperature – Minimum 25°C and Maximum 35°C
- Nearest Airport – Dabok Airport or Maharana Pratap Airport
- Railway Station– Udaipur Railway Station
6. Alleppey, Kerala
During the rains, Alleppey is a beautiful place to be. “Gods’ Own Country” Kerala and Alleppey are fortunate when it rains.
The rain makes the backwaters look even more beautiful. To view this excellent location, you must take a backwater trip via its lakes, rivers, and canals.
Monsoon also makes the benefits of Ayurveda better. Ayurveda says the monsoons are the ideal season to receive these medications.
The air is perfect—moist, calm, and free of dust. This causes the pores of our skin to open, making the treatment more effective.
The cool, healthy rainy weather also lets the body rest and heal.
- Famous for – Houseboats and Alleppey Beach
- Temperature – Minimum 23°C and Maximum 29°C
- Nearest Airport – Cochin Airport
- Railway Station- Cochin Railway Station
7. Kodaikanal, Tamil Nadu
Kodaikanal, which means “Gift of the Forest.” It is a beautiful place that looks even better when it rains.
A relaxing holiday can be had in the small hill town in Tamil Nadu. Coaker’s Walk and Bryant Park provide lovely treks in the rain.
While Dolphin Nose, Kurunji Andavar Temple, Pambhar Falls, Pillar Rocks, and others offer more demanding trips. Also, the streams are worth seeing after it rains.
You can also have a good experience called “Brachem Spectre.” It is a rare event where you can see yourself in the clouds.
In this beautiful hill town, you can feel clean as it rains.
- Major Tourist Attractions – Kodaikanal Lake, Bear Shola Falls, Pillar Rocks, Thalaiyar Falls, Coakers Walk
- Things to do: Boating, sightseeing, trekking
- Temperature – Minimum 20°C and Maximum 28°C
- Nearest Airport – Madurai Airport
- Railway Station- Kodaikanal Road Railway Station
8. Cherrapunji, Meghalaya – Places To Visit In Monsoon For Couples
Cherrapunji is the second-wettest place on Earth. It is one of the places tourists must go to see the rainfall.
Forests, farmlands, fields, and homes all shine with a bright light. The grass grows too much everywhere, making a background like the Scottish Highland’s rolling hills.
Clouds play hide-and-seek, covering the countryside in a beautiful whiteness and making it impossible to see anything. Nokhalikai Falls is the most beautiful waterfall, but all of them are beautiful.
You can visit live root bridges, caves, and a lot of streams. Walk around Meghalaya and take in its splendid scenery.
In Cherrapunji, you’ll fall in love with the rain.
- Major Tourist Attractions – Nohkalikai Waterfalls, Double Decker Living Root Bridge, Dawki, Mawlynnong, Mawsmai Cave.
- Temperature -Minimum 12°C and Maximum 16°C
- Nearest Airport – Umroi (Shillong) Airport ( 91 km)
- Railway Station- Guwahati railway station ( 181 km)
9. Wayanad, Kerala
Wayanad is a renowned rainy season destination in India. Kerala’s Western Ghats hill town features gorgeous landscapes, rivers, animals, excitement, and more.
Rain has become the only reason people go to Wayanad in recent years. During the rainy season, the hill station’s major attraction is the vivid blue ‘Neelakurinji’ flowers.
It only blooms once every 12 years. Enjoy the hills’ lush grass, giant waterfalls, lakes, and old caves.
Go hiking and climbing in the mountains. The hill station also hosts the Splash Festival, a 3-day event full of fun and exciting activities.
- Major Tourist Attractions – Edakkal Caves, Chembra Peak, Pookode Lake, Wayanad Wildlife Sanctuary, Stay in a Treehouse, Soochipara Falls.
- Temperature – Minimum 27°C and Maximum 35°C
- Nearest Airport – Karipur international airport in Kozhikode (100 km)
- Railway Station- Kozhikode railway station
10. Orchha, Madhya Pradesh
Orchha is a great place to get away and enjoy the beauty of the rainy season. When it rains, this dry part of the Malwa desert becomes the greenest and most beautiful place.
The town beside the Betwa River has lovely views of green grass, rolling hills, and calm joy after the rain. The country’s golden past is recalled through historical forts, places, cathedrals, monuments, burials, and holy items.
The houses and town look great after being cleaned. If you love rain, Orchha is one of the most beautiful places to visit during the monsoon.
- Major Tourist Attractions –Jehangir Mahal, Orchha Fort, Ram Raja Temple, Raja Mahal, Chaturbhuj Temple
- Temperature – Minimum 25°C and Maximum 32°C
- Nearest Airport – Gwalior Airport (100 km)
- Railway Station- Jhansi railway station
Mahabaleshwar is one of the most lovely places in India, especially during monsoon. The beautiful Sahyadri range, part of the Western Ghats, surrounds it.
It’s gorgeous because the roads are foggy, it’s pouring, the grass is green, and mountaintop clouds fall. The stories of the past are still alive in Pratapgad, making it a charming place to visit.
The rains feed the Lingamala waterfalls, which are a very beautiful sight. From Elephant’s Head Point, the view is out of this world.
Mahabaleshwar is a popular weekend getaway for couples and singles. The excellent rains make it a beauty out of this world.
- Major Tourist Attractions –Elephant’s Head Point, Chinaman’s Falls, Dhobi Waterfall, Arthur’s Seat, Venna Lake, Wilson Point.
- Temperature – Minimum 20°C and Maximum 25°C
- Nearest Airport –Pune
- Railway Station-Pune lies 120 km away, while Mumbai is almost 250 km.
12. Mount Abu
Mount Abu is a green haven and the only hill station in Rajasthan. It has a lot of good things that bring people to the green Aravalis.
It is one of the best places to go in India during the rainy season. A vacation here is like a medicine that will help you feel better.
When it rains, the Dilwara Temples, made of white marble, look beautiful. Guru Shikhar is the highest point in Mount Abu. It has several structures and great views.
To be noticed are the town’s buildings, parks, markets, Nakki Lake, and Sunset Point. A trip to the Mewar Dynasty ruins in Achalgarh is excellent on a wet day.
When the royal charm and the rain come together, it’s a time to remember.
- Major Tourist Attractions –Dilwara Temples, Nakki Lake, Guru Shikhar, Arbuda Devi Temple, Achalgarh Village, Mount Abu Wildlife Sanctuary.
- Temperature – Minimum 21°C and Maximum 28°C
- Nearest Airport –Maharana Pratap Airport & Dabok Airport of Udaipur
- Railway Station- Abu Road railway station
Goa is on the western side of India. It is the land of beaches and one of the best places to visit with your family in India.
During the wet season, this beautiful town looks even better. It’s a great place to relax in the rain.
You can participate in Goan events and eat excellent local food. One can go river boating and enjoy the beautiful wild scenery.
River rafting on the Mandovi River is one of the most exciting things to do during the monsoon.
- Major Tourist Attractions: Dudhsagar Waterfalls, Aguada Fort, Baga Beach, Mandovi River, Bhagwan Mahavir Wildlife Sanctuary, Chapora Fort
- Things to do: River rafting, Trekking, Heritage tour, Bird watching, Safari Tour, Mandovi River Cruise
- Temperature: Minimum 25°C and Maximum 30°C
- Nearest Airport: Goa International Airport
- Nearest Railway Station: Madgaon and Vasco Da Gama Railway Station
14. Ladakh – Places To Visit In Monsoon For Couples
Ladakh is between the world’s two most prominent mountain ranges: the Himalayas and the Karakoram. It is one of the best places in India for outdoor sports.
Ladakh is a traveler’s dream because it has many beautiful landscapes, views, snow-covered peaks, high-altitude lakes, and mountain passes. During the rainy season, one of Ladakh’s most famous events, the Hemis Festival, is held.
During this time of year, there are many chances to go hiking in Ladakh. People can also do other adventurous things.
- Major Tourist Attractions: Hemis Monastery, Nubra Valley, Zanskar River, Leh, Pangong Lake, Thiksey Monastery
- Things to do: Trekking, Jeep Safari, River Rafting, Bike riding
- Temperature: Minimum 1°C and Maximum 7°C
- Nearest Airport: Kushok Bakula Rimpochee Airport, Leh
- Nearest Railway Station: Jammu Tawi, Jammu & Kashmir
15. Andaman and Nicobar
Andaman and Nicobar Islands is a great place to spend monsoon with your partner. It comprises almost 500 islands with fantastic water activities, natural beauty, and rare destinations.
You may visit this one of India’s destinations year-round and discover something fresh. Tourists like water sports more in summer when sea currents are strong.
All these things make this place one of the country’s best places to go during the rainy season.
- Famous for – beaches, adventure activities, watersports, seafood
- Major Tourist Attractions – Havelock Island, Neil Island, Ross Island, North Bay Island, Bharatang Island
- Temperature – Between 25°C and 35°C
- Nearest Airport: Veer Savarkar International Airport (IXZ)
In conclusion, monsoon season can be the perfect time for couples to explore and experience new destinations together. From Wayanad’s greenery to Ladakh’s calm mountains, India has plenty to offer during the rainy season.
It’s also a great chance for couples to bond with nature. So pack your luggage, grab an umbrella, and travel away with your beloved to these stunning monsoon places.
After all, watching the rain with your partner is romantic. Don’t let the downpour stop you from organizing a romantic holiday. Embrace it and make lasting memories!
Nayana is passionate about discovering the most magnificent places to visit in India! She also loves to uncover the most incredible sights and capture her experiences in her writing through TouristPanda.com.